Frequently Asked Questions:
1. Are you located close to Route 6?
Yes, but we do not see or hear traffic, since our old dirt road winds behind a small hill. At Chez Sven, you can reach both the village and the beaches without traveling on Route 6. It is easy to walk into the village from here in ten minutes.
2. Are there any restaurants within walking distance?
Yes, Wicked Oyster is a five-minute walk away.
3. Is there a bank with ATM nearby?
Yes. Seamen’s Bank and the Outer Cape Health Services are both a three-minute walk away.
4. Is Chez Sven “kid-friendly”?
We no longer accommodate large families.
5. What time are check-in and checkout?
You can arrive between 2:00 and 8 p.m. We request that you inform us of your approximate time of arrival. Checkout is 10 am.
6. Is there a lodging tax?
7. I have chemical sensitivities. Is Chez Sven the appropriate choice?
8. Can we bring our own candles?
We prefer not due to risk of fire.
9. What is your cancellation policy in summer?
Should you need to change or cancel your reservation, please let us know right away. We will gladly refund your deposit, less a $25 service charge, if your reservation is more than one month ahead. If you decide to cancel closer to your arrival date, we cannot guarantee a refund unless we are able to re-book your room.
10. What happens if there is a hurricane?
Now that we know superstorms like Sandy exist, we recommend watching the weather forecast. There is no reasonable evacuation plan for Cape Cod and sometimes Wellfleet loses power for days. Therefore it is best to consult with the innkeepers. (We prefer to have guests cancel in case of hurricane and will refund your money.)
11. Is there a television?
12. I am allergic to dust.
Happy to say no frou-frous here! (Sandy is allergic to dust, too.)
13. Do you have internet acces?
Yes, we have wireless cable (Comcast) internet access. Which means that if you bring your wireless laptop, you will be able to browse the internet. (No wired connection)
14. When should I send my 50% deposit?
Immediately upon booking. We will hold your reservation for five days. We always confirm the arrival of your check.